Built in 1912, the Former Municipal Cattle Stable was used to quarantine and keep cattle. In 1924, the complex was reconstructed, maintaining its layout and exterior mostly unchanged until present date. In 1987, the cattle stable functions were moved to Ilha Verde, and part of the structure was converted into a storehouse and the rest turned into an exhibition venue.
The Former Municipal Cattle Stable is composed of two parallel bungalows with truss roof structures. The combination of colors of the mahogany roof and khaki wall superbly exemplifies Portuguese eclecticism in architecture.
Address: Intersection of Avenida do Coronel Mesquita and Avenida Almirante Lacerda
Opening Hours: 10:00am to 7:00pm
Enquiries: 8988 4000 / firstname.lastname@example.org